The most loving and intelligent cat that can not live without communicating with people. Taking it you will not have to be bored, with funny habits and calm temper Abyssinian cats will sink into the soul from the first step in your house.
- Origin Egypt, Growth 20 - 40 cm., Weight 3 - 6 kg.
- Lifespan 15-20 years
Mind and wit
Name of the breed: Abyssinian cat
Fit for allergics: Yes
For families with children: Yes
Difficulty of care: No
Interesting facts about the Abyssinian cat
- In ancient Egypt, this breed was considered a sacred breed, revered and respected, many walls were painted with the image of the ancient goddess Bastet, which in human form had a cat's head. They celebrated great holidays in their honor. Established fact - cats were buried in special boxes of gold or silver with precious stones, wrapping them with a special cloth, ears and whiskers pressed to his head.
- The next fact about the origin of the Abyssinian cat is the appearance of a cat in England, more precisely in this country it was improved and brought by sea from the port of the Indian Ocean.
- Abyssinian cats are real cat-dogs, they happily bring toys for the owner with a request to throw them away, bring them again and so on until the owner gets tired.
- Famous foreign actor and lucky owner of the miracle of the breed Nicolas Cage, Alena Sviridova, Angelina Vovk, Sergey Makovetsky, Irina Lapina
- The heroes of several films were Abyssinian cats. One of which is "Cat from space" was attended by 2 cats of this breed. Rosie the cat became a member of the film "Cleo" thriller J. Patterson
Abyssinian real friend in the family, her presence in all matters in the house. Often they are compared with a dog, this breed likes to play with the ball and bring the owner back for a new game. The breed is often taken in families with children, the Abyssinian is playful, very clever, beautiful and unique.
Abyssinian cat is the oldest breed
There are several legends about the origin of this breed, most of the time they were considered the descendants of ancient Egypt.
According to the history of the Abyssinians are the most ancient type of cats, often this breed was called "rabbit cat" because of the interesting structure of wool. During the excavations of the most ancient cities of Egypt: Beni-Hassan and Bubastis, mummies of cats were found, carefully wrapped in cloth and buried in gold and silver boxes. The preservation of mummies allowed the researcher Keller to draw conclusions about the similarity with the Abyssinian breed.
Characteristics, breed description
The uniqueness of the breed is a wild look and a completely affectionate pet.
The Abyssinian has a very short and hard wool, incredibly soft and shiny to the touch. The Abyssinian has several colors, the most common and beloved by all is the wild color, this color is the most popular, also the sorrel, fawn and blue.
- Body, constitution: the body is muscular, but thin and elegant
- Head: wedge-shaped head, almond-shaped eyes of green or amber color, ears wide apart and wide at the base, long and thin neck
- Limbs: legs long and thin, the tail is thick at the base and thin at the tip of the tail
- Color: wild (ruddy), sorrel (sorrel), blue (blue), fawn (fawn)
- Height: cats in height reach 27-28 cm, cats maximum height of 32 centimeters.
- Weight: weighs little, thin build - from 3.5 to 6 kilograms
The Abyssinian likes to sit next to the baby, as if guarding him. You can safely declare danger in that there is no, she is treated with love to your child.
The Abyssinian cat breed is long-lived, with good care, nutrition and timely treatment in veterinary clinics, a pet can live from 15 to 20 years.
Feeding and caring for Abyssinians
Abyssinian cat can be fed with both dry food of super premium class and natural. It is strictly forbidden to change the feed from dry to natural. If the owner is convenient to feed with industrial feed, then feed should be only industrial, if you choose natural food, then the pet's diet should be balanced. To feed it is desirable to buy more vitamins, for wool, for bones. Dry food can stand all day, there is no need to clean up, as pets do not overeat. There are nuances in feeding Abyssinian kittens, it is necessary to clarify with the breeder of the breed than he fed the babies so that when switching from feed the breeder to yours would not have problems with the chair. Feeding kittens at least 4-5 times a day.
There is a list of products allowed for feeding cats, with whom the owner of the Abyssinian kittens should meet.
Water for a pet should be fresh and at room temperature, Abyssinians can drink water from their paws, which is very amusing to the owner.
Caring for a cat in the first place consists in annual vaccination against viral diseases and rabies, and carrying out dehemtelization. Even if the cat is at home, it does not walk down the street, it is possible to bring eggs of worms, fleas, viral and infectious diseases into the house with shoes, so that it is healthy and for a long time pleased the owner not to ignore the terms of vaccination. Once a week a certain pet can be combed. Bathe 1 time in six months, but the cats are very clean and do not need additional care with shampoo.
Taking the Abyssinian cat you can feel happy from hanging out with the most elegant and beautiful pet.
Do you like this breed? Choose a suitable offer on PetGlobals.com!
We collected the advertisements from all around the world and placed them on international platform for buying/selling pets. Only on our Web-site you can find the most rare breeds of cats and dogs!
With help of PetGlobals.com your future pet is closer to you!