Oriental cat is strong and at the same time elegant breed. In appearance it may seem like a fragile animal, but it is only at first glance. In fact, the Oriental has a fairly strong physique and leads an active lifestyle.
- Origin Thailand, Growth 20 - 40 cm., Weight 3 - 6 kg.
- Lifespan 15-20 years
Mind and wit
Name of the breed: Oriental Shorthair
Fit for allergics: No
For families with children: Yes
Difficulty of care: No
- The original oriental cat includes several names, first eastern brown, and then havan.
- Currently, about forty variations of oriental cat color are officially recognized.
- If you still decide to purchase an Oriental cat, please note that she has a rather sonorous voice with various intonations.
- Orientals have virtually no genetic diseases.
- Oriental cats are official long-livers, they can live up to 20 years without any special health problems.
Oriental cat from Asia
Oriental longhair cat - Asian sage. In their behavior, cats are not selfish and capricious. If they want to get your attention, they will do it extremely delicately.
Oriental painfully treat loneliness, it does not require constant attention, it is enough that someone is in the house. In the nature of the Orientals reflect the best qualities, such as good-natured disposition and dedication to the owner.
Ancestors of long-haired Orientals are considered to come from the state of Siam (located on the territory of modern Thailand). The first mention of the breed dates back to the 14th century manuscripts. Locals considered this breed a national treasure and the export of Orientals from the state was punishable by law.
And if someone had to take at least one individual out of the country, then more often as a gift for the merits of this person to the state. Initially, the Orientals were considered a defect of the Siamese breed. As an independent breed, it began to exist only in 1977 in the United States.
The head is elongated, triangular, flat forehead without an obvious transition to the muzzle, the nose is long and straight. Almond-shaped eyes are green or blue.
The ears are commensurate with the head, rather wide at the base, gradually tapering towards the top, the tips are rounded, set wide apart, set vertically.
The body is long, the muscles are well developed. Legs slender, rear slightly larger than the front. Paws are small, oval, Tail is long, smooth bend.
Oriental Hygiene and Nutrition
- Although Orientals are holders of voluminous wool, it does not require special care. Due to the absence of the undercoat, the oriental does not need frequent combing, once a week there will be enough wave.
- Particular attention should be paid to the ears and eyes. They must be periodically washed with special means.
- It will not be superfluous to teach your pet to brush your teeth at least once every 7 days. It is recommended to bathe an animal extremely rarely.
Nature has given Orientals excellent health. With proper and balanced diet, your pet will live a very long time. Best of all for these purposes fit ready-made high-quality food, which is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Do you like this breed? Choose a suitable offer on PetGlobals.com!
We collected the advertisements from all around the world and placed them on international platform for buying/selling pets. Only on our Web-site you can find the most rare breeds of cats and dogs!
With help of PetGlobals.com your future pet is closer to you!