British cat (British cat) - the most regal and massive cat with a calm disposition, not in need of constant communication with the person.
- Origin United Kingdom, Growth 20 - 40 cm., Weight 6 - 10 kg.
- Lifespan 15-20 years
Mind and wit
Fit for allergics: No
Name of the breed: British Shorthair
For families with children: Yes
Difficulty of care: No
- In the Middle Ages, on the lands of Europe, they were considered to be a living hell, they were caught and mocked in public, tortured and burned at the stake. Later, they realized that they were excellent mouse hunters, and more and more often they started to get them into houses.
- The image of the Cheshire Cat, as a fabulous popular character, according to one of the versions was written off from this famous breed. After all, this she always knows how to smile.
- British cat always sleeps a lot. Her sleep can be up to 16 hours a day.
- Wiskas is a famous brand of fodder, the face of which was a British cat whose color is black and silver mackerel, but now in common people this color is called "Whiskas".
- Many films and cartoons were shot with the participation of the British breed, the most famous were the image of a cat in the fairy tale "Alice in Wonderland", "Prostokvashino" and many others.
English breeders and breeders in the 18th century were engaged in the selection of cats, among the purebred and street cats, they found the most beautiful animals. To consolidate the best qualities, crossed with breed cats.
So on the islands of England for 200 years, a new type of pet with large amber eyes, light gray wool and a massive body. For the first time in 1871, these cats were presented at the exhibition in London in order to distinguish them from longhair and Asian cats, they are called British Shorthair.
A feature of the British is their powerful body constitution. The large bones and thick paws look like a bear to a cat.
The head is round with plump cheeks, accentuated chin and small ears. Wool on the harsh, crumbly and very short.
The eyes of the blue color are bright orange, often this color is called amber. Eye color varies depending on coat color.
The color of British cats is diverse, it can be divided into categories of single color, color points, tortoiseshell, marble, striped, spotted, etc. Officially, there are more than 60 colors of this breed. The most popular color is considered to be a classic blue color.
The weight of an adult cat from 4 - 9 kg, the cat can reach 13 kg
Head: round and wide, with round outlines around the muzzle, eyes round and bright, nose short.
Limbs: bones wide, short legs with thick legs.
Wool: short padded with undercoat
The British are very popular all over the world, this breed is recognized as the best feline in the world.
They differ among all breeds by their peculiar disposition and intelligence. Both kittens and adult British cats are very playful, despite their weight, watching the absurd game is a pleasure.
Breed suitable for couples with or without children, for the elderly or young. From a calm and melancholic animal, special activity and energy should not be expected.
They are very clean and fastidious to food, they prefer raw meat to dry food more.
Do you like this breed? Choose a suitable offer on PetGlobals.com!
We collected the advertisements from all around the world and placed them on international platform for buying/selling pets. Only on our Web-site you can find the most rare breeds of cats and dogs!
With help of PetGlobals.com your future pet is closer to you!
Марина Гвоздева 4 December 2019 - 11:50
Насчет " не нуждается в постоянном общении", не согласна, они неназойливы и тонко чувствуют, когда надо приходить, а когда нет. Мои меня отслеживают во время сна, обкладывают со всех сторон, и бдят, когда проснусь. Как проснулась, тут же сбегаются все целоваться, и обижаются, если кого пропустила в поцелуях