Small dogs with a flat face and charming hanging ears come from England - all of them are the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. This breed will perfectly fit into any family and will be the perfect gift.
- Origin United Kingdom, Growth 20 - 40 cm., Weight 6 - 10 kg.
- Lifespan 8-12 years
Mind and wit
Name of the breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Fit for allergics: No
For families with children: Yes
Difficulty of care: Yes
Dog guard: No
Ability to train: Yes
1. The favorites of Princess Anastasia Romanova - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!
2. These lovely four-legged were frequent guests at meetings in Parliament.
3. Often you can see the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in art. So, for example, he was captured on his canvases by Titian, Van Dyck, Watteau. In the cinema, they are also frequent guests: "Shaggy Fir Trees", "The Age of Adaline", "Young Victoria".
4. Many famous personalities could not resist the charm of this fold charming: Ronald Reagan, Christine Davis, Johnny Depp, Hugh Hefner, Courtney Cox, Frank Sinatra and many others.
5. An interesting fact is that the Chevalier with the color “Blenheim” was brought by a relative of Winston Churchill.
6. The cavalier king charles spaniel was a pet of Mary Stuart and even escorted her to the place of execution.
7. The French believed in the fact that spaniels beneficially affect the human nervous system.
The history of the breed
It was from Asia that the dogs of the spaniel type were first brought to Europe. This favorably affected the generation of that species. Then the popularity of the spaniel faded because of the love of King William III of Orange to the pugs.
Due to the fact that pugs have become more popular, Cavalier King Charles has changed a lot: now they have a characteristic flat face and long ears.
The initial appearance of the breed was revived by a group of Stakhanovists. The official date of registration: 1945
Representatives of this breed are very compact.
Height: 28-35 cm.
Weight: 5-8 kg.
Her torso is short with a straight back. Hanging ears are set wide and high, the coat on them is rather dense. The muzzle seems to be as flat, eyes are large, round and dark.
The Cavalier king charles spaniel has a long, slightly wavy coat. For exhibitions they are not sheared.
4 types of color are allowed:
Black with scorch marks
Tricolor (a combination of pinto, tan and black)
Blenheim color (Blenheim) is a white coat of wool, on which brown spots are arranged in a symmetrical manner. On the forehead and head there is a place with pure white wool, on which the Blenheim stain is located. This speck is very much appreciated.
Principles of nutrition, maintenance, education
1. Power.First of all, you need to decide on the diet:
Dry food + natural products
The main principle in the selection of dry food is the emphasis on the producers, who are famous for the highest quality. Feed must be balanced and natural.
Products of natural origin, in turn, should include meat (only low-fat species), fish, cleared of bones, egg yolks, cereals.
When choosing a mixed type of food, it is important to remember that dry food should not be mixed with natural products - these should be different meals.
The best option for keeping dogs of this breed is a well heated room (they are sensitive to temperature changes) and regular (about 2-3 times a day) active walks.
It is necessary to bathe as it is polluted, but since they are great lovers to rock in the first puddle, you may have to do this quite often.
You should carefully care for the silky hair of the spaniel: you need to comb it every day to avoid the formation of tangles.
Also, care requires ears that need to be cleaned, claws that are recommended to be trimmed as they grow, and teeth.
The Cavalier king charles spaniel lends itself easily to learning, as it is characterized by a high level of acumen and learning.
Spaniels themselves are very active and cheerful, which is why training should be carried out in a playful form. But you should always be on the alert: since the Cavalier King-Charles Spaniel is a hunting dog, during games on the street, there are cases when pets could chase any bird and never return.
Start training should start as early as possible.
Do you like this breed? Choose a suitable offer on PetGlobals.com!
We collected the advertisements from all around the world and placed them on international platform for buying/selling pets. Only on our Web-site you can find the most rare breeds of cats and dogs!
With help of PetGlobals.com your future pet is closer to you!