Labrador is probably one of the most famous dog breeds in the world. Her fans are both politicians and showbiz stars. And this is not surprising!
- Origin Canada, Growth 30 - 60 сm., Weight 20 - 50 kg.
- Lifespan 10-15 years
Mind and wit
Name of the breed: Labrador Retriever
Fit for allergics: Yes
For families with children: Yes
Difficulty of care: No
Dog guard: No
Ability to train: Yes
Curious facts about the breed
- On the paws of the Labrador Retriever there are membranes with which they swim beautifully. By the way, dogs of this breed simply adore this occupation.
- Labradors have a wonderful scent, thanks to which they often search for drugs and explosives.
- For Labrador noticed the fact of low susceptibility to pain. For this reason, it is not uncommon for him to be attracted to rescue operations to save people.
- Labradors grow up quite late. Despite the outwardly adult appearance, the dog may still behave like a very small puppy up to 4 years old!
- For 3 seconds Labrador can accelerate to a speed of 20 km / h.
- The fact of the incredible intelligence of Labrador was recorded by scientists of the University of British Columbia (University of British Columbia, Canada): this breed took the 7th place in the ranking.
- Labradors are everyone's favorites! They can often be seen on the canvases of artists, in the movies and in the homes of celebrities, for example, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow and many others.
It is impossible not to fall in love with a benevolent disposition, playfulness, devotion, the mind of this dog, whose history began in the 19th century in Canada, on the island of Newfoundland (Newfoundland). In those parts there lived dogs that were excellent assistants to local fishermen. Later they were brought to the UK, where as a result of crossing with retrievers, the Labrador Retriever was bred.
Labrador Retriever is a big dog. Average growth parameters: 54-57 cm, weight: 27-40 kg. The dog's torso is powerful and muscular. The back is strong and wide. The neck, like the chest, is dense and massive. The head is strong, the jaws are elongated, soft. The ears are drooping, the eyes are dark, large. A distinctive feature of the breed is a rather long and thick tail, which narrows towards the end.
The dense, dense wool of a Labrador Retriever fits tightly to the body. The coat consists of an undercoat that protects against weather and getting wet, and hard guard hair. The color is solid. The following options are acceptable:The black
In black and chocolate color, only a small white spot on the chest is allowed.
Feeding, care, training
The main principle of feeding Labrador is moderation. If you want to have a dog of this breed, you will have to learn how to refuse it. You can not overfeed the dog, as this can lead to serious health problems. It is difficult to refuse these big praying eyes, as they are very good at asking, but because of their devotion to the owner, the dog does not harbor any offense against you, even if you refuse him.
Nutrition of Labrador
You can feed both dry food and natural foods, but these should be separate meals. Food buy high-quality, natural and balanced. Among the natural products should be meat, cereals, dairy products, oils and chicken eggs.
Labrador can be kept both in the apartment and in a large country house. The only nuance of living in an apartment is that the dog will need frequent, active walks.
The care in general is quite simple. It is enough to bathe a pet 2-3 times a year, preferably combed out at least once a week (except for the molting period, when the number of procedures should be increased to 1 time per day). Ears, claws and eyes do not require close attention. It is enough to wipe the ears with eyes regularly, and cut the claws as necessary. As for the health of the teeth, then it should be treated with full responsibility: as soon as possible you should teach your puppy to brushing your teeth.
Training of Labrador
Labrador training should begin as early as possible. These are insanely intelligent dogs that learn very quickly. Conduct classes should be in the form of a game using treats to promote. Previously studied commands should be repeated regularly to bring their implementation to automatism. But do not be mistaken about the nature of Labrador. This dog can not be called the ideal guard because of its friendly disposition and the complete absence of aggression. Salvation and help are what they really are.
Do you like this breed? Choose a suitable offer on PetGlobals.com!
We collected the advertisements from all around the world and placed them on international platform for buying/selling pets. Only on our Web-site you can find the most rare breeds of cats and dogs!
With help of PetGlobals.com your future pet is closer to you!